After downloading a scan, you may wish to share files with a colleague or a Central Fabrication. Because 3D scans are too large to include on email, you may have to compress the file before sending. Convert the .stl or .obj to a .ZIP file to solve this. After the file has been converted and compressed, send to whoever you'd like.
Instructions for Windows
- Right click on scan(s)
- Click “Send to”
- Click “Compressed (zipped) folder”
- Send zipped folder for fabrication
Instructions for Mac
- Select the file or folder in the Finder.
- Right-click or control-click on the file to bring up the pop-up menu.
- Select Compress filename.